Norrell Building Services
Our services include everything you’d expect from a building company with many years’ experience in the building business. What sets us apart from the rest is the hands-on involvement of business owner Justin Norrell in every project – from concept to completion.
When it comes to designed new-builds we proudly offer:
- An obligation-free initial consultation
- Free quotations
- Competitive pricing
- Regular clear consultation and collaboration
- Flexible contracts: labour-only contract; full contract; project management of your project
- Guaranteed quality workmanship by our team and our sub-contractors and suppliers
- The option of a 10-year Master Build Guarantee for extra peace of mind
- We use only quality materials and products in all our builds. Because we have genuine long-standing relationships with our preferred suppliers our clients have a great range of products to choose from and enjoy significant savings over retail prices.
Remember an award-winning house is not necessarily the most expensive one – design, excellent workmanship and quality fixtures and fittings all form part of the equation.
Justin and his team take great pride in their work. Norrell Building is known for its honesty, integrity, and willingness to do whatever it takes to make building your dream home a happy, rewarding experience.
Building an award-winning home is every builder’s dream but for Justin and his team to be truly satisfied, our clients have to feel that we listened to them and delivered on their ideas and requirements.
Our no-stress process
When you’re ready to build a house in the greater Christchurch area, Norrell Building has the capabilities and local knowledge to get the job done to your requirements, with the minimum stress to you.
Our simple tried-and-trusted process means:
- We know every client is unique with their own ideas and requirements to suit their lifestyle and budget.
- We arrange an initial obligation-free consultation to discuss your ideas and requirements. If you already have architectural drawings we prepare a free fully inclusive quotation for your consideration.
- If you don’t have drawings, we can do these for you as part of our design and build service.
- You can choose a fixed-price contract or we’ll work on a cost reimbursement basis if you prefer.
- We’ll take you through your choices of fixtures and fittings in finite detail.
- Throughout the project you’ll be kept informed and up to date at all times.
- You’re free to give as much or as little input as you like during the build. If you prefer you can leave everything to us and simply relax and enjoy the process.
- Norrell Building believes in quality, not quantity. Owners may come and go, but the building has to stand the test of time.
Financing a build can be scary but it doesn’t need to be.
Banks and mortgage brokers we work with tell us there are some great advantages to building a new house
- You can get double the homestart grant (up to $20,000 per property)
- New builds are exempt from the reserve bank lending restrictions so you can borrow with a much smaller deposit
They say it’s a great idea to get pre-approval so you know just how much you can spend, and then we can work with you to plan a house that suits you and your budget.
There are different ways to make the finance work best for you – so talk to your bank or broker, or if you need us to recommend someone who understands builds, has expertise in KiwiSaver and homestart grants, then just let us know.